I’m sad to hear of all the homeowners who’s time and money is being wasted by people who cannot afford to buy their home, and are willing to do anything it takes to put a home under contract, even if it’s lying to a seller.
Let me share a story, we had an appointment to se a home and homeowner cancelled bc they went under contract in 1 DAY!!! That alone is a huge warning, the buyer is out of state, did no walk through or inspection of the home, and they told the seller they could close in 2 weeks. In Ny it takes at least 4 weeks to get title work, and maybe another 10+ days to close if the title is free of any liens. Make sure you take these into consideration when talking to a cash buyer.
1. Closing time in Ny is around 45-55 days, it takes 4 weeks to get the title report, anything less the person is lying.
2. Someone is not serious about buying your home if they are not coming out to see it. Would yo make such a big investment without inspecting a home, no way!
3. If a buyer is not willing to put up a deposit of at least $1000 they are not serious.
4. Make sure a buyer can show Proof of Funds from their personal bank account not someone else’s. You want to make sure this person can actually afford to buy the home.
5. Be weary of just use my attorney! Look we have our attorney represent both sides bc it saves the sellers money, time and allows us to work on title with them. BUT we give them the option to say yes or no.
6. Do business with someone you can trust, make sure to do your due diligence, a higher offer is not always the best, especially when these out of state buyers will negotiate you to death at closing!!
If you are considering selling and want to work with someone you can trust and count on, give us a call today, 585 -299-9709!!